IG-Farben-Haus, Raum IG 4.357
Tel. (+49)(+69) 798 32708
Sprechstunde: nach Vereinbarung
Studied History at the University of Calcutta, India (with focus on Modern European History). Worked in various English language newspapers in India as senior editor and features writer from 1996-2000. PhD at the Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main in 2014 on Albert Speer. From 2014-2018, part of the AG Wissenschaftsgeschichte. From July 2018, post-doc researcher in the DFG Project 'Indology in National Socialist Germany' under Prof. D. Moritz Epple.
National Socialism, German Indology, Modern Indian politics (Hindu nationalism), historical connections between India and Germany.
1. Monograph: The making of a Gentleman Nazi: Albert Speer's
Politics of History in the Federal Republic of Germany. Peter Lang.
Series: Beiträge zur Aufarbeitung der NS-Herrschaft. Frankfurt
am Main, 2016.
2. Article: Friedrich Max Müller and the emergence of identity politics in India and Germany. Publications of the English Goethe Society. Vol.85. 2016. Pp: 217-228. Published as part of an anthology, titled: Friedrich Max Müller and the role of Philology in Victorian Thought. Edited by: John Davies and Angus Nichols. Routledge, Oxford, N.Y., 2017.
3. Article: Leopold von Schroeder: Handbuch des Völkische Wissenschaften (Band II). Edited by: Michael Falhbusch, Ingo Haar, Alexander Pinwinkler. De Gruyter, Berlin, 2017.
4. Article: Völkische Indologie: Handbuch des Völkische Wissenschaften (Band II). Edited by: Michael Falhbusch, Ingo Haar, Alexander Pinwinkler. Published by De Gruyter, Berlin, 2017.
5. Article: Visual Grandeur, Imagined Glory: Identity Politics and Hindu Nationalism in Bajirao Mastani and Padmavat. In: Journal of Religion and Film. Volume 22, Issue 3 (2018) Special Issue. https://digitalcommons.unomaha.edu/jrf/